Thursday 11 October 2012

Metal Machine Music - remix

In the last of my sonic experiments into making people feel
like they have taken bad, un-tested drugs, I present my
Metal Machine Music remix.

I have taken Track 1 and recorded it in the left hand speaker. 

Then I have taken Track 2 and recorded it in the right hand speaker. 

In the middle I have put some drones and trumpet loops and samples. 

What do you get when you overlay 2 different songs from the seminal white noise album? 

Please do not listen if driving, operating heavy machinery or suffering from mental health problems.


4 tracks spread out over a double album, this had no 
drum or vocals or indeed any songs, just feedback guitar 
drones looping over and over, with electronic squalls 
of generated tones and noise........ of course it is common 
knowledge that track 3 is the best! Are those hints of 
tunes buried down in the mix? 

This is either: 
Lou Reed getting out of his record company contract 
and a big fuck you to the hired suits 

or 

A noise terror experiment in sonics and volume 
which 15 years later would influence bands like 
The Swans and Sonic Youth etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment