Thursday 22 July 2010

Saint Vitus - Heavier Than Thou


















To be honest, I am only just discovering
the massive family tree of Scott "Wino".

What with Trouble, Obsessed, Pentangle,
St Vitus, Spirit Caravan, Hidden Hand,
Shrinebuilder etc, this is the only Saint
Vitus I have.

It is a compilation and goes through
various band lineups but the important
thing to know is that is is full of massive
songs, combining stoner & doom, twisted
guitar solos and clean vocals.

If there are better St Vitus albums for
me to hear, please let me know.

2 comments:

  1. I wish Wino was my dad. Wino acoustic album is out later this year, I can't even wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good - hopefully it will be like the Motorhead accoustic tracks I have - quiet but still somehow powerful at the same time.

    ReplyDelete