Tuesday 6 July 2010

Frank Black - Teenager of the Year (1998)


















A double album of greatness, for me, if Frank
Black never made another album, this would
be a fitting tribute to him.

22 tracks of sheer fucking genius. When I
first heard this, around song 8 or 9, I
thought that even if the rest are just
fillers, it would be worth it .... get to
track 18 and they kept on getting better.

No fillers, no weak tracks, I must of
kept this on my CD player for 3 solid
months.

If you are looking for the full bloodied
screaming Black Francis, this is probably
going to let you down but if you have ever
jumped up and down to "Velouria, Dig for
Fire, Wave of Mutilation, Gigantic" etc
or any other Pixie punk/pop song,
give this a Listen

2 comments:

  1. Great shout. Fecking love this album. It's as close as he got to being in the Beach Boys. Killer tunes and variety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it still sounds good now - it never fails to put a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete