Friday 28 October 2011

Poison Idea - Feel The Darkness (1990)



Been giving this a good blast today.

This is excellent punk/hardcore with a metal
egde mixed with some basic rock'n'roll grooviness
to give the tunes an infectious edge to them.

Vocals range from a snarl to tuneful shouting and
the sublime guitar playing reminds me of Social
Distortion "White Trash" era, with lead breaks
and thrashy riffs driving the songs.

Poison Idea never seemed to be as big as they should
of been but over the last 5 years they have been name
checked a lot more.

Great band, very good album.


3 comments:

  1. This is one of my favourite albums of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a fantastic album - I cannot say I play it as much as I used to but it never lets me down when I do ...... does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean man!

    ReplyDelete