Tuesday 9 November 2010

Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies (1973)



















Cooper had a fantastic run of albums - "Love
it to Death", "Killer", "Schools Out" and this
one - Billion Dollar Babies.

Depending on what mood I am in, this probably
will always get into my top 20 all time albums.

Hard rock with a Detroit swagger, Cooper sang,
crooned, sneered, wheedled and belted out stone
cold classics like "Hello Hurray, No More Mr Nice
Guy, Elected & I Love The Dead" and with Bob
Erzin at the helm, strings, horns, keyboards and
choirs put the finished gloss onto this classic.

4 comments:

  1. This and Killer was my first exposure to Alice, I was really into it back then, as I've gotten older I seem to have lost my enthusiasm for Alice. Maybe I'll get this and and give him another go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liking the new layout and header too by the way man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babies seems to have aged pretty well - to my ears anyway - think you have to be in the right mood for him.

    Thanks for the layout comments - thought it was time for a change. I am now going to check out your comps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool man, you'll have to let me know what you think

    ReplyDelete